c/o TRE Auctions
12922 Hempstead Hwy
Houston, TX 77040
Information Collected and How it is Used
TRE Auctions offers a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us, such as previewing our upcoming and reviewing past auctions. In order to access the full range of services, the following types of information may be collected:
- Information You Provide– When you sign up for an account with the TRE Auctions website or other TRE Auctions services or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). For certain services, such as bidding in auctions, we also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other TRE Auctions’ services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services.
- Log Information– When you access TRE Auctions’ services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User Communications– When you send an email or other communications to TRE Auctions, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Links– TRE Auctions may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content and advertising.
- Providing our services, including the display of customized content;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
- Protecting and enforcing the rights or property of TRE Auctions or our users, including our sellers; and
- Developing new services.
TRE Auctions processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own services.
Choices for Personal Information:
When you sign up for a service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some TRE Auctions features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
You can decline to submit personal information to us, in which case TRE Auctions may not be able to provide some or all services to you.
TRE Auctions only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of TRE Auctions in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
TRE Auctions may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular auction listing or other part of our sites. Such aggregated information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us at the address above for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
We restrict access to personal information to TRE Auctions employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
When you use any TRE Auctions’ services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes or offsite storage), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. We may collect personally identifiable information when you visit our site. We also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page(s) you visited. We will not sell your personally identifiable information to anyone.
Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
All payments are final and no refunds will be processed.